Example uses of Storage Drive and Inspection Device
Initial Characteristics Test
The initial characteristics value (error rate) can be minimized to an extremely low value to achieve consistent quality through the combination of long-term archival discs with the TEAC dedicated media recorder.
Outline of Disc Inspection Device
1. Error Rate Measurement Based on ISO/IEC 29121
- Performs initial and regular checks on DVD-R based on ISO/IEC 29121.
- The assessment and error rate measurement results are displayed on the check application.
Measurement item: Error Values (DVD-R: PI Error)
|Optical Disc||Initial Value||Regular Inspection of Media Error Value
Disks should be checked every three years or less.
|Usable||Transfer Recommended||Immediate Transfer Necessary|
|DVD-R||Below 140||Below 200||200 or higher,
|280 or higher|
2. Saving Check Results to a CSV File
- Saves the inspection results to a CSV file.
3. Self diagnosis function
- Self-diagnosis software is supplied. The software produces output or test results every 2000 times of the tests.